Friday, October 2, 2009

The Song in Your Heart

This morning, one hour before the alarm clock goes off, I'm awake. Which for the most part is normal on a daily basis. I get up and turn off the alarm so that it does not go off later to wake me. I turn on the television and began to watch the news before I start with my morning. I don't recall hearing a commercial on television with the song "isn't she lovely, isn't she wonderful", but that was the song I was blaring from the shower. Now, I have no musical talent what so ever inside of me. My wife has told me I sound like Garth Brooks....."KIND OF". She is not a fan of the song from my mouth. Which stinks because I actually enjoy singing. I am one of those people if I hear a random word like, "STOP" it brings a song to mind "Ice Ice Baby" or "CAN'T" it would be "Can't touch this". That's just me. Now while I was singing that song I was thinking of my wife. I love her dearly and she brings a joyful song to my heart all the time.

In Ephesians 5:19 it tells us to speak to one another in hymns, psalms, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord.

Singing is the language of the heart and a way of expressing inner joy, praise, worship, love, longing, and thankfulness to God. Singing can encourage, build others up, teach, give thanks and a way to pray.

Today..... what's the song in your heart? What a cool place it would be if we all realized what the Lord has given us and how much He loves us and let it out from our hearts. A whole planet full of praise. Let your song out today!