Thursday, November 5, 2009

Leadership Qualities (Courage)

I remember several weeks ago my family was sitting in the living room talking about the activities of the day when I noticed something on the patio. It was a snake that had actually wrapped itself on one of the pickets on the handrail. I jumped up and yelled, "SNAKE!" My wife, my 13, 8, 6, and 2 year old boys and my 4 year old daughter all ran over to the sliding glass doors to look. I stood behind them from a distance. I think snakes are of the devil and the sight of them frightens me. Yes, I am the father that stands outside the reptile building at the zoo and I'm not ashamed to say it. Well, my 13 year old son said, "Dad, you want me to get rid of it?" Uh, yeah...I'm not going out there. He removed the snake and all was better. So, are you asking yourself where was his courage? I didn't have any for that.

Now although snakes really freak me out, I am however secure in Christ. See I know without a shadow of of doubt that Jesus is my Savior. I know that I am supposed to share the gospel and when doing that or leading others to share Jesus all sorts of trouble will come my way. Persecution from those who don't know Jesus, oppression from the enemy to keep me from sharing the gospel. See my courage to keep on going comes because of Romans 8:18. The sufferings here can't compare to the Eternal Glory.
So yes, I am willing to suffer for Christ sake. I have the courage to follow Jesus and lead others to him.

Life experiences shape us...Jesus transforms us.
TRANSFORMATION HOUSE