Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Call on Your Life Part 1

This morning in my study time I was reading in Jonah. I started to reflect on my past when I first felt God put a call on my life. I was fourteen years old and God said..... Chris pursue me and teach others of who I am. Well that didn't fit in to my plan and I went in another direction, just like Jonah. As I read on further, I saw how my decisions and things that I did affected not only myself but others. Just like Jonah I put others in danger and caused much pain in their lives. I separated myself from family and friends but still continued to live a life of destruction. I remember the day, just like Jonah, when I was at the bottom all tangled up in the trash and yuck, when I called out to God and asked him to save me. God reached right in with his grace and mercy and pulled me out. Jonah 2:10 says God spoke to the fish and it vomited Jonah up on the seashore. Man I bet he was still really nasty and smelled real bad. I know that was the case for me. God took me through a season of cleaning me up, healing me and brought me closer to Him. Guess what God said next.... Just like He told Jonah in Jonah 3:1-2, on your feet and on your way, you still have work to do.