Friday, May 6, 2011

My Mom

Proverbs 6
20 do not forsake your mother’s teaching. 
21 Bind them always on your heart; 
   fasten them around your neck. 
22 When you walk, they will guide you; 
   when you sleep, they will watch over you; 
   when you awake, they will speak to you. 
23 For this command is a lamp, 
   this teaching is a light, 
and correction and instruction 
   are the way to life,

I remember before I encountered Christ my mother was always praying for me to meet Him and that He would keep me safe. There were many times my mother knew I was being dishonest and she would give it God. My mom is an awesome woman of God full of faith and always knew what I needed. She raised me in church and made sure I was there for all the events. She did her part and taught me well. This Mothers Day I want to honor my mother and thank God for her. I feel sure her teaching, instruction and love guided me to Jesus. Mom you rock! Happy Mothers Day.